Saturday, July 31, 2010

oh to be sixteen again

Remember being 13, 14, and 15, counting down the years, months and days until you turn that magical number 16! Its like a mile stone birthday in the LDS culture! Well this month my baby sister JOCELYN IVY turned 16!!! . Seriously? I feel like I turned 16 like yesterday...

Josie and I shared a bed for as long as I can remember. We also took showers together. People think that’s weird, but if you’ve grown up in a big family, it’s just more convenient that way. Growing up, Josie was always the favorite (don’t deny it mom, we all knew it) Her sweet gentle temperament made her look like an angel compared to the rest of us hooligans. As the middle child, she at times was lost amongst the crazy attention whores me and my siblings were, but she always found her way to out shine us. She’s hands down has the book smarts of the entire family. She is self- taught fluent in Japanese for heaven’s sake! She also is the queen of musical instruments. Anyone she picks up she can master in like days.
Josie is such an example to me. She posses character traits and amazing talents that I aspire to have. We have defiantly had our share of dumb sisterly squabbles, but as we’ve grown older I’ve begun to appreciate the friendship that we have and the memories we share. So here is to you Miss Jocelyn Ivy, a glimpse of our fabulous lives together! Happy Birthday doll!





















{I LOVE YOU}


2 comments:

Laurie Wood said...

The favorite? Every parent loves to hear that one.....Nice.

TaraMarie said...

Wow Jess...those are some pretty awesome pics of you...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...