Sunday, October 24, 2010

"He told me that he loved me"

I love Sundays. Today especially has been a good one. As I sit here snuggled up in my robe listening to the sound of rain trickling down outside and getting the occasional whiff of my pumpkin scented candle I can't help but be grateful. My heart is overflowing with love for my Savior. I can't believe how absolutely blessed I am. I also can't believe how much has changed in the past couple years and how life feels like it is set on fast forward. Today I was feeling a bit nostalgic and decided to pull out some of my old journals. 

Journal writing has always been a big part of my life. I am so glad that I kept up with it so long .I love going back and reading about different events that seemed so important to me at the time. Its amazing to see the transformation from little girl, to prepubescent teen to womanhood just in my writing. I have come so far both 
emotionally and spiritually. 

This is part of an entry I wrote a year ago-

October 19, 2009
Dear Journal,
He told me he loved me...
He called me on his lunch break. He works the late shift. 
I cried. My heart is swollen and full of love
I love him too.
It scares me how fast it is all happening. 
At this point i'm not even going to worry whats going to happen in the future.
I love him and I want to cherish every moment I have with him.
...Oh life is just wonderful! I just want to sing and dance and never stop smiling. 
I am in LOVE and OH does it feel so wonderful...







































{make sure to check out our Halloween party post below :) }

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...