Wednesday, August 17, 2011

oh baby

Here I am 11 weeks pregnant today. So far its been a breeze. (knock on wood)  Practically no morning sickness whatsoever! I'm mean of course there are days I feel a little "nauseous" and food does not sound appealing but I haven't been puking my guts out. The biggest symptom I have experienced full force is EXHAUSTION! Holy crow I never knew anyone could be so tired!? The worst is when I have to get up and pee 3+ times in the early morning hours and can't fall back asleep. When that happens I just get irritated, wake up David and make him suffer with me. mwahaha.

We had our first appointment last Tuesday. I was sooo excited/nervous. It turned out to be totally anticlimactic. Just a basic get-ta-know you appointment. My blood was drawn, baby was measured and so forth. Coming from Rexburg I was expecting an ultrasound and maybe a sneak peak of the heartbeat since I was soo far along haha. All the clinics up there let my preggo friends get U/S as early as 6 weeks! When the Dr. told me that they only do U/S at 16-20 weeks to determine the sex, I felt totally cheated. I wanted a little black and white photo of our little bean! Anywho, we totally lucked out and Dr. ended up ordering  a U/S for us two days later because he wanted to make sure everything was growing at the right pace and such. We left the office on a cloud.

Thursday came and we had our U/S. It was one of the most surreal and spiritual experiences i've ever had. Until that moment it was hard to comprehend that there was actually something growing inside me. Turns out baby Olsen was getting along just fine. Ahead of schedule a couple days even! We watched as the baby squirmed around and his little hand was fist pumping. We got to hear the heartbeat, which the technician said was really strong at 173 beats/min. I was a blubbery mess the whole time. It was such a special moment. Motherhood is such a privilege and I am grateful that David and I get to enjoy this new adventure in our lives together.


Baby Olsen's first picture!

4 comments:

Todd and Martha said...

I LOVE THAT LITTLE OLSEN BEAN!!!

Kelsey said...

So cute!!! You know Todd and Martha?!?! I know this is kind of confusing but Todd's older brother doug is my brother-in-law! Small world :)

David and Jessica Olsen said...

haha yes we love martha! we worked together :)

Theresa Surrell-Rose said...

I started tearing up reading that! I am so happy for you and your hubby! I am also very glad that you keep a blog! I love prego/baby blogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...