Saturday, April 14, 2012

Birthday Weekend


This year my birthday was spent at the Salt Lake Temple watching my bestie Kate get married to the love of her life, Harrison. I like to take credit for setting these two up and felt honored that they decided to get married on my birthday (whether they meant to or not haha). It was a simple and lovely ceremony. I bawled listening to the promises that they made to each other and thought back to my and Davids sealing two years ago. 

After it was over I rushed out to be with my boys. It was the longest i'd been away from Remington. Thankfully he slept the whole time.  We then headed to the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial building where we ate a delicious lunch and enjoyed a beautiful view. We even got a glimpse of President Monson who happened to be walking by. That man is TALL! 
It made for a long day, but Remington did so well. We decided to check out City Creek Center and shop around before we went home. Unfortunately by that point Remington was done and he let everyone is the mall know it! 

When we got home we all snuggled and fell fast asleep. Later that evening we ate cake and David gifted me with some gnarly running shoes. I can't wait to break them in. He also said that he had another gift that wouldn't here for another couple days. I had no idea what it was.

Yesterday he brought it home. He got me(us) a king size bed!!!!! I was thrilled. It was the best surprise ever. 

Overall it was a fun day spent with some special people. If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would be married with a baby by age 22 I would've laughed in their face. Yet here I am married to the most amazing man and daddy and our sweet baby is pretty dang adorable. I wouldn't have it any other way.













1 comment:

Akina's said...

i would have laughed too... my goodness how the lord has plans in store for us that we are just oblivious to! Happy birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...