Saturday, January 19, 2013

Here we go again!

Thank you everyone for your congratulations and well wishes. We are overjoyed to be adding another little one to our family!!! Baby Olsen number 2 is estimated to arrive August 6, 2013!!  We found out just a couple days after Thanksgiving which made keeping it a secret over the holidays sooo hard. It was fun to share the news with our families though. They are thrilled!

So far this pregnancy has been TOTALLY different from the first. Over the Christmas break the morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks. The term "morning sickness" is so deceiving...For me it has been more like all-day-nausea-dry-heaving-can't-even-get-off-the-couch-I-want-to-die kind of sickness. That mixed with extreme exhaustion and zero energy made those first few weeks miserable. Now that i'm about to hit that golden-second trimester mark, the nausea seems to have settled down a bit. Thank goodness.

I've lost 13 lbs so far (silver linning?) haha! Now I am exactly the same weight as I was when I was this far along with Remington. Despite the weight loss, I already feel like a baby bump is emerging...That's common for close pregnancies right? I am not ashamed to whip on the stretchy pants this early.

Dave has been such a good sport helping me with Remington and letting me get some extra Zzz's here and there. I'll tell ya, breasting feeding one child and growing another at the same time is hard work. I am amazed everyday that my body can provide proper nutrients for two babies as well as keep up for myself. I just have to remember to wolf down extra calories when I can. I am so blessed and excited to go through this wonderful journey again. We can't wait to meet our little nugget!!!!

Here is a picture from the morning we found out. David's expression is priceless!


And a first trimester baby bump (bloat).




2 comments:

Jamey Meteer said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!

Ashley Wright said...

LOVE THIS!!! I am so excited for you guys! You make cute babies! SO happy number 2 is coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...