Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pinterest Project: Instagram and Mirror Wall

A couple weeks ago I had one of those days when all of the sudden I decided that I hated all of my home decor. I was so sick of everything and I wanted to change it all right then and there. To bad our poor college student budget doesn't account for my dying need for new stuff. So whatever I did had to be super cheap or free. I started by pulling everything down from the walls and tried to get inspired. With some help from my besties and some ideas from my Pinterest boards, I finished two home decor projects and i'm falling in love with my apartment again.

The first project is the Instagram wall:
I've been looking for a way to display my Instagram photos forever. I recently learned that Walgreens has an app where you can send the pictures directly from your phone and they'll print them within the hour! They're super affordable and they're one of the only places I could find that would print square 4x4 pics. I love how it turned out.




The second project is the mirror stack:
I couldn't commit to any one picture or theme of pictures to hang on the wall so I decided on the mirrors! It has totally brightened up our living space (which used to feel so dark to me) and gives the wall a nice clean look. We just used the cheap over-the-door mirrors from Walmart. Again, i'm loving it!



In time and as the budget allows,  I'd like to add some bright colored pillows to the couch, get a new floor lamp and possibly add a coat of paint to our bookshelf's. I love getting my craft on.

P.S. Did you hear we're expecting!? More to come on baby number 2!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Curtis and Nicole Bullock said...

You want to come decorate our apartment? These look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...