Sunday, February 10, 2013

DIY Project: Pillow Covers

This weekend flew by! I'm just getting over a nasty cold (thanks a lot Rem!) and haven't left the house since Friday. Instead of catching up on much needed sleep and studying, I spent my weekend crafting. I never regret that route haha!
 Since i've started redecorating our little place, I've been dying to get some throw pillows for our big ole  dark sectional. Sadly, I couldn't find anything I absolutely loved in the store so I decided I to make my own. I snagged up some 21x21 down couch pillows from our local online garage sale site. Seriously, it was a steal of a deal. They had a brown microfiber cover that was the same color as our sectional. I hit up the local craft shop with my girl Kate to get some fabric color inspiration that I could use to cover them. After a couple trips I settled on these lovely prints.


 I used this tutorial to make them. Let me tell you, it was so EASY! No, buttons or zippers, just sewing 4 straight lines. After the second pillow I could whip out one in 10 min. I love the pop of color they add to our home! Check it out.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...