Sunday, April 20, 2014

not how I imagined spending Easter weekend

 ^^Muscle relaxers, pain pills and my favorite essential oil^^

After spending the past week visiting my family in Arizona we finally made it home! We had such a lovely time in the sunshine. (I'll have tons of photos to share soon!) When we got home Friday afternoon I was so excited to spend the weekend spring cleaning and getting the house pulled together for the Holiday. However, that night my dreams of a perfect Easter weekend came to a halt after I injured my neck while trying to pick up Remington. All I remember is hearing a "pop" and feeling a pain so severe that I cried out. When I woke up the next morning I couldn't even get out of bed. Any movement sent shooting pains through my neck, arm and shoulders. I felt paralyzed. My Dr. thinks that I have a slipped disc which is pinching a nerve and called in some muscle relaxers and pain pills for me. The drugs have helped a little but I haven't been able to move all weekend. David has taken over the kids and the house so I can rest. He has been amazing! It has been really hard for me to let go and make myself recover. I can't help but feel sad about not being with my family at Church, taking our annual Easter photos or having the babies come home to beautiful Easter baskets filled with little gifts and chocolate. No, this is NOT how I wanted to spend my Easter weekend. It's silly and I know the babies won't know the difference if the Easter bunny comes a few days late. And although this isn't what I had imagined, I am grateful that we still get to celebrate the real meaning of Easter. I am grateful for Him, MY Savior. I know that He lives and that because of Him I can be with my family forever. There is nothing more important to me than that. 

Happy Easter Everyone!
^^Super dad and babies dressed for Church^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...