Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas and New beginnings


Christmas was very low key this year. The decorations are already packed away and our home has been getting a good declutter and scrub down to start off the new year fresh. The babies were spoiled by both sets of grandparents with fun toys and cute new outfits. We spent the day in our jammies, eating chocolate and enjoying family time. I couldn't have asked for more. 

I am really looking forward to the new year. 
Twenty-fourteen has been a roller coaster for us, filled with some of the highest highs and the lowest lows. 
This year has taught me so much. 
I learned that I am stronger than I ever imagined. 
I learned that life is precious and that it can be taken away at any moment. 
I was reminded that family is the most important thing in the world, and that it's important to strengthen those relationships because they are eternal. 
I learned to laugh more and be present in the moment. 
I learned that it's ok to not be ok once in awhile. 
I learned set aside my pride and ask for and accept help when I needed it. 
I learned that God will place people in your life, angels on earth if you will, when and where you least expect it. 
I was reminded over and over again to trust in the Lord and his plan and know that he will not give me anything that I can not handle. 
I learned a lot this year. 

I am thankful for the memories we've created as a family, for the good and the bad and everything in between. 
I'm excited for what will be learned in the new year, 
for a brand new baby girl, and all the blessings that she will bring. 
I am excited to grow as a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. 
I'm ready for you twenty-fifteen. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...