Friday, August 14, 2015

home sweet home



^^We are officially moved in to our new home in Peoria and we are totally loving it. 
I can't believe how everything has fallen into place since we have moved down here. 
It's like it was meant to be or something.

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this house is for us. 
Our very own 4 walls. 
It's pretty rad. 
I'm still getting used to the sheer size of the place. 
We could have like 5 more babies here and be totally comfortable.
The kids are in their own rooms and that has made such a difference.
They sleep SO MUCH BETTER now that they aren't together playing and keeping each other awake. 
(Frances will be in with Olive eventually.)
The master bedroom, on-suite and walk in closet are pretty much the size of our first apartment. 
I told David that I need more clothing to fill it up :) 
I've had so much fun pulling the house together and getting it all decorated and livable. 
I have a lot of projects rolling around in my head that i'm excited to take on over the next couple months. 
Now that we have our own attached garage to do the work in, the possibilities are endless! 
Since moving to Arizona, there are a few funky things that I've had to adjust to that I wasn't expecting.
The water out of the faucet is always HOT. 
Like it never gets cold, ever. 
I miss the connivence of filling up our water bottles from the tap now that I have to remember to keep the water pitchers full in the fridge. 
We are on a peak power plan which means we can't use any of the big appliances during the peak hours (12pm-7pm) unless we want to pay a lot more for the energy. 
So things like laundry, dishes and cooking are a no go during those times. 
I'm still adjusting to getting everything done in the mornings.
The heat has been rough.
I'm pretty much sweating 24/7. 
When I lived here before college I never remembered being bothered by the 100+ temps. 
Three kids and eighty extra pounds later, I am MISERABLE when we are outside. 
Seriously, I don't know how you can be fat here. 
It's definitely motivated me to get back into shape faster. 
That and the fact that it is swim suit season year round...
Our crossfit garage workouts have to be done first thing in the morning or after the sun goes down. 
My make-up routine has been reduced to sun screen and a bit of mascara. 
Everything else melts off my face, so I don't see the point. 
I'm about ready to shave my head too. 
I wore my hair down for the first time on Sunday for church and I about had a panic attack because I was SO HOT!! 
The postpartum hair loss has hit me pretty hard this time around, so I may as well speed up the process ;)
The area we live in (Peoria) is so close to everything though. 
I forgot how isolated we were in Rexburg. 
Between the museums, downtown, professional sports complexes, shopping, restaurants, splash parks etc, we can go just about anywhere we want with only a few minute drive. 
It's pretty awesome. 

I think we are really going to do well here.

^^This kitchen though! I never thought we'd get granite counter tops in a rental. 
^^The best kind of box to unpack. 
^^We've already made two trips to IKEA for various furniture pieces and fun decor. 

^^Our very own little palm tree which Remington has already marked as his "peepee tree"
^^We got these chair for FREE from a lady in our ward. They are S O L I D. The fabric totally clashes with my decor, but I have some big plans for these babies. 
^^One of my favorite features of the home. We turned the front living room into a designated play area for the babies. It's not in the ideal spot for all the toys and junk, but in this time of our lives, it's exactly what we need! I'm trying to keep it super organized so we will see how it works out for us. 

^^Once again, obsessed with our kitchen/dining area. 

1 comment:

Stephanie Pizza said...

Congrats on settling in! This post had me cracking up. I too live in AZ and it has been brutal. The water does get cold in the winter!! hahaha this made me laugh the hardest. I usually have to grab a cup of ice to throw in the baby's bath tub as the water is too hot during the summers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...