Tuesday, June 21, 2016

surviving my 5th first trimester

Our first purchase for our little Arizona bebe!

David told me the other day the he had calculated that I have been pregnant at some point every calendar years since 2011...
I was like oh my hell, my poor body!
#mommaneedsabreak

This first trimester has pretty much kicked my butt. 
Comparing them all, i'd say this has been my sickest one, BUT I think only because it took freaking forever to find a medication that worked for me. 
I'm down 15lbs in the first few weeks and I've survived solely on rice and mashed potatoes. 

As far as the nausea meds go, Dicelgis made me fall asleep standing up (not good when you're responsible for three other human beings all day haha) and Zofran gave me instant migraines (so bad that I wished to be nauseous again) 
I finally got on Phenergan and it has worked miracles! (well, I guess depending on the day.) 
On top of that, my first Drs office was a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE to work with...
I could never get ahold of nurses, they always forgot to call in my RXs, lost my paperwork etc. 

At 7.5 weeks I tripped and fell down the stairs. I went in to get checked out by one of the 25 Drs at the practice who pretty much told me, "well, if you lose the baby, theres really nothing we can do"
I was freaking out and totally put off by her cold, uncaring beside manner. 
Baby turned out to be fine and we have since transferred to an amazing new office where I will see the same Dr. for every appointment from here to delivery. 

Let me tell you, I miss my sleepy little Idaho town and my amazing family/OB Dr. EVERY SINGLE DAY.  
Finding Drs. offices and staff that you jive with is pretty much the worst. 

So yah, first trimester i've pretty much lived on my couch.
The all the day nausea and extreme exhaustion have about killed me off. 
I felt so bad because the kids don't leave the house at all except for their half hour swim lessons in the morning and church on Sunday. 
The heat makes me more sick so I've literally been a hermit. 

David has been picking up the slack as much as he can and hasn't complained one bit. 
I can tell the kids are restless but they don't complain about the extra tv time and eating snacks in the living room, haha!
Survival mode I tell you.
This week has been the first time i've been able to muster up enough energy to take care of basic housework. I can't believe how bad it got. I didn't realize how much I did before I couldn't do it anymore. 

This week i've also been able to eat at little bit more. 
I've been craving ALL THE SALTY and SAVORY things//Beef jerky, pickles, olives, hard boiled eggs, bbq chips, beans and rice, steak and hamburger meat. YUM

Any and all sweets literally make me gag//Fruit, cookies, ice cream and even my favorite greek yogurt. BARF

This pregnancy has been the worst for super sensitive nose. I pick up every little wiff of nasty scent and it sends me over the edge. 

I'm hoping everything eases up in the next few weeks. I'm ready to feel like myself again!

Next month we are finding out the sex of our baby!
Our Dr. wants to scan at 16weeks herself because she said the U/S techs in her office are lame at the 20 weeks scan and won't spend time finding the sex. 
I'm super excited!
Has only one found out that early via ultrasound? 
I have no idea how accurate it is at that point lol

Next month we also have our big California vacation to look forward too. 
I'm excited to get out of this literal HELL HOLE. 
It's never ok to be this hot. 
I will NEVER be an Arizona girl...

Anyways, here's to the next 6 months. 
I hope they go by FAST. 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...