Thursday, August 3, 2017

in honor or world breastfeeding week

"O, thou with a beautiful face, may the child reared on your milk, attain a long life, like the gods made immortal with drinks of nectar." -Sushruta 

Ah my gosh! I know I say it all the time but our bodies are AWESOME!
Not only do we get to make LIFE but we also get to provide the very substance needed to sustain that life in the form of breastmilk. 
AMAZING!

It's be five and half years since I began my breastfeeding journey.
All four babies have flourished on my breastmilk. 
Remington made it 2.5 years, 
Olive 18 months, 
Frances 16 months, 
and Wolfe, well he's still going strong at 6 months old. 

I'm so incredibly grateful that i've been able to breastfeed all of our babies. 
It's definitely been a SACRIFICE for me over all the years, but I know it's what's best for them, so I have zero regrets. 

My photographer friend Elizabeth Stanley needed a model for a breastfeeding concept shoot a few months back and I jumped at the opportunity. Wolfe was only a few weeks old. (why does it go so fast!?)  I just love how these portraits turned out. I will always cherish these special moments. Thank you Elizabeth! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...