San Diego
Last weekend we drove over to San Diego to celebrate the marriage of my baby sister Natassja to her hubby Travis!
It's only about a 5ish hour drive from Phoenix buuttttt the kids were SO ROUGH on the way down, it took us about 7 hours with all the stops we had to make.
I am just not cut out for the road trip scene.
I do not enjoy it at all and It totally stresses me out.
I was smelling my oils the whole way down to help me keep calm lol.
We got in Friday afternoon and David took the kids straight to the pool while I caught up with aunts, uncles and grandparents.
We got in soo much catch up time with all of the extended family since we all stayed in the same hotel.
Every evening we'd gather in the lobby area and circle around and visit.
Some of my favorite memories as a child were staying up and listening to the conversations between my momma's side of the family.
Friday night my mom threw a bridal shower at a restaurant so I got to tag along kid free while David put the babies to bed. He sent me this snap shot while I was out.
The fell asleep FAST as they were exhausted from swimming and the drive down.
Saturday morning we woke up to a beautiful sunrise.
We got dressed and headed down for breakfast where we met with all of the other family members who had kids under 5 years old.
No one gets to sleep in on vacation with kids, haha!
After breakfast I went down to the gym to workout and the babies enjoyed the cable tv.
I came back and Wolfe was peeking out the window.
After the gym I met up with my momma and sisters to get our hair done for the wedding!
She did such an awesome job on their hair.
Didn't love mine as much and actually took it out and redid it myself later lol.
I'm loving my hair long these days.
Natassja and Travis were sealed at 1pm in the LDS San Diego Temple.
We couldn't get anyone to watch the kids so I had to go in without David (which was kind of a bummer)
It was really cool to have 5 out of the 6 siblings sitting there in the sealing room together.
Jake, Colton, Jocelyn and I got to sit directly across from Natassja which was awesome.
Hearing the words from the ceremony brought back the memories of my own sealing to David and I couldn't help but get emotional.
I love attending weddings at the temple.
Jocelyn, Sophia and I were bridesmaids.
I LOVED our sparkly dresses.
It was so fun to dress up.
Natassja made a BEAUTIFUL bride.
After the sealing we took photos in the sunshine lol.
Idk why we took so many kissing photos that weekend.
I guess I was just feeling the LOVE in the air.
The reception later that night was held on a boat in the San Diego bay.
It was so beautiful!
I was so nervous about dealing with the kids and the open water all night.
Turns out it was just as rough as I predicted.
David and I were separated all night, tag teaming the kids-
keeping them from falling down steep flights of stairs between the decks, and climbing over the railings.
Honestly, it was kind of miserable lol
Next time we will def be getting a sitter.
Olive had the most fun and enjoyed the dancing and the open candy bar.
Frances and Wolfe were grumpy and tired.
Remington got sick on the boat and was lying in a corner crying most of the ride.
It was quite the experience, i'll tell ya what.
Before the kids went bat shit, we did get a few nice photos together.
The view was INCREDIBLE!
Thanks for the panorama stevie ;)
The next morning we said our goodbyes, checked out and headed to the beach before we headed home.
The kids were OBSESSED!
We could've spent the entire weekend there.
They were crying when we had to leave.
We totally want to plan another weekend get a way and just make it a beach trip.
Everyone got their last set of clean clothes soaking wet, so they stripped down to their undies.
The ride home was actually quite pleasant.
I was surprised at how well Wolfe traveled.
All in all, it was a nice little trip.
We are just so excited to have Travis in the family!!!
(Frances especially loves her uncle "Traa-bis")
Congrats you two.
Also, a little footage from the beach.
Watch to the end where Frances and Olive totally eat it lol.













Comments
Post a Comment