Lately...
uhm, HI!
I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted on here.
I always told myself I'd never ever get too busy to not keep our blog updated, yet here we are.
Life has been moving a million miles a minute.
Thankfully I've been putting pen to paper and actually journaling the last couple months so not all is lost.
And since I have my Instagram printed through the chat books service, I find it easier to document our little daily life things over there.
(@msjessicae if you're not following along already ;) )
Also, I'm trying to find the best/most cost efficient way to print up our blog and turn it into year books...do you guys have any suggestions?
I'm actually surprised there isn't a service like that out there.
ANYWAYS, I miss writing on here so I'm recommitting to continue to document our little family as well as share thoughts about parenting/motherhood.
Sound good?
Ok.
So here's what we've been up to lately.
David is still going strong on the job hunt.
We added it up and he's applied for over 600 jobs in the last few months.
Only a few have warranted actual interviews and exactly zero of which have resulted in an offer.
It is ROUGH I tell you.
I never ever would have thought getting a job after pursing a freaking masters degree would be this difficult.
We talked previously about doing nursing school so we could have something to fall back on but after fervent fasting and prayer it doesn't feel like the right decision for us at this moment in time.
So for now, we are holding on and keeping our heads up knowing that the perfect opportunity is just around the corner.
Between filling out job applications, surviving at his current dead end job and the usual hum drum of parenting, we spend our extra "free" time working out together.
I've dedicated the last few months to training and getting my body whipped back into shape.
I've currently in the middle of a 90 day crossfit challenge as well as training for my first sprint triathlon in May!
I've decided that training for something specific (like a race) really helps me focus.
I just freaking love exercise and health and how it all makes me feel physically, mentally and emotionally.
Dave and I have actually starting throwing around the idea of starting an in person/online nutrition and personal training services. I figure it's as good of time as ever to put my exercise physiology degree to use! So if that's something you'd be interested in, hit us up. There will be lots more to come on that later.
I started watching a little girl in our ward 3 days a week to help supplement our income and it has been so fun for me and the kids.
She is literally the most perfect angel child and the babies just LOVE her.
She fits right in.
Remington is reading so well, it still blows my mind.
He's read every book in our entire house more than once so he lives for trips to the library.
His favorite things to read about are superheros and cars/trucks.
Auntie Josie got him a few comic books for his birthday and they are some of his most prized possessions. While reading one day he was laughing and said,
"oh my gosh mom, this book says HELL!"
Guess we need to start pre-screening lol.
He's excelling in school academically but still gets in trouble on the daily for talking and distracting his peers.
He is such a social butterfly, I feel like that's going to be an issue for his entire school going years lol.
Olive Lou is just as sweet and sassy as ever.
She's said some of the funniest things lately.
For example//
One day we were taking one of her friends home from preschool and they were watching the living scriptures nativity movie in the van.
Her friend asked who the man in the movie was.
Olive replied without skipping a beat, "Oh that's just Jesus, our Lord and Savior" like it was no big deal.
Way to start the missionary effort girl!
Another time on the way home from school she asked us why God created mosquitos
"They are just soo annoying and suck yer blood all out!"
After finishing up in the bathroom-
"MOM, my poops almost smell just as bad as yours!"
Apparently the kids in her class call her "Olaf" instead of Olive and she absolutely hates it.
It started because a few of the kids couldn't say her name correctly so Olaf just kind of stuck.
She always corrects them that it is in fact "OLIVE. O-L-I-V-E!!!"
Ugh I love that girl.
Frances is just...
oh man, I struggle hard with end of the two year old/almost threenager stage.
This girl and I butt heads something fierce!!
I can't believe the personality that comes from that little body.
She's all about pushing boundaries and testing limits and rules.
She is literally the sour patch candy from the sour patch kid commercials.
She does something totally off the wall insane and in the same breath just melts your freaking heart into a puddle.
Dave falls for the latter most of the time (#daddiesgirl)
I don't put up with that crap lol.
One thing we've noticed in the last few months that she's started "stealing" and hiding away things that aren't hers.
I can't tell you how many times we had to march back to the church nursery or the YMCA childcare to return whatever she had taken.
She takes stuff around the house too.
If we notice it's missing, Fran always is the one who has hidden it away somewhere.
She's totally a little klepto and we are trying are darnedest to nip this behavior in the bud!!!
Any suggestions!?
Please tell me someone has had to deal with this.
Wolfe is literally just a MONSTER BEAST MAN CHILD.
I can not keep up.
I CAN NOT.
I kid you not, as soon as we got home from the ER, getting his head stitched up last week he was back climbing and hanging on the chair that he fell from.
He climbs and climbs and falls and falls.
He has a close call every few days where I actually wonder if I need to call 911.
His poor little body is just covered in bumps, scraps and bruises.
This boy.
I legit found 15 gray hairs on my scalp the other day and I know its all caused from him, LOL!
He's still hanging onto the boobs for dear life, nursing about twice a day.
I was so prepared to be done, but he's just not ready.
Until then I'll be enjoying the time we have left.
That about sums it up!!
Things we have to look forward to in the next couple weeks
my 28th birthday tomorrow (woot woot)
sprint triathlon
Frances 3 birthday
school ending for the year
and of course somewhere in there, David accepting a new job.
Please, pretty please, send all the prayers, thoughts vibes our way...
we really need it.
Oh, and if you know anyone personally in healthcare administraiton MESSAGE ME.
PS- drawing by my amazing talented sister JOCELYN!!!
She's currently taking commissions!
Mention this blog post and get 10%off your order :)


Comments
Post a Comment