our first family hike


The highest point of the hike!

Monday we decided to check an item off our summer bucket list and take the babies out on a hike. 
We've been DYING to do more family hikes since it's something that Dave and I both really enjoy. 
Idk why it's taken so long to get out and do one, but I was determined to check it off our list this summer. 
(Remember that one time we met hiking?!)

The temps weren't supposed to be too hot (for Arizona standards lol)
So we got up, got dressed and headed out first thing!
The Estrella Mountains where we hiked are literally a 10 min drive south of our neighborhood.
We chose a highly rated beginner trail. 
It went really well for the first bit but then it started to get HOT. 
The kids slurped through their water bottles fast. 
Frances's legs got tired quickly and she pretty much complained the entire time lol. 
Wolfe LOVED walking, and we let him as much as the trail would allow. 
He gathered as many rocks as he could hold in his chubby little arms. 
I was surprised at the amount of switch backs and steep declines. 
45 min into it I was like OKAAYYYY are we almost done?!
 i'm over thissss. 
Not a cloud in the sky!
The desert totally has its own kind of beauty. 
Olive and Rem loved every min of it. 
They were pointing out all the lizards, cactus and birds we could see along the trail. 
Fran finally had enough and refused to walk any further. 
Just as we were getting her ready to get into the carrier, she tripped and fell into a small cholla cactus off the side of the trail. 
She was TRAUMITIZED! 
Luckily, the cactus spikes were fairly easy to get out of her bum, legs and palms. 
She was totally done after that lol. 
David carried both the kids like this the rest of the way ^^
Big incline!
I was actually out of breath by the top lol. 
My pale skinned Wolfe man wasn't a fan of the heat. 
He hated his hat at first, but realized it kept the sun out of his face and didn't touch it anymore. 
Look at those cute faces!
I'm so proud of them. 
Can you tell we were HOT!? 
haha.
We will be saving our next hike for the winter when the temps are a little more bearable. 
All in all in was a perfect morning spent with my favorite people. 
I can't wait until our next one.

Comments

Popular Posts