ANOTHER BABYYYYYYYY!



Here we go AGAIN...
Another baby due this Winter. 
January 11 is my official "due date" 
At least this time I know that even if I go super late (like Wolfe), I will for sure be having a baby in January. 

Sigh. 
This wasn't the plan. 
Yea, this was another surprise baby. 
Yea, we know how that happens (i'm like so over this "joke", so please don't) 
and yea, we wanted more babies, butttttt not for like another 2-3 years AT LEAST. 

I'm not going to sugar coat it, I was actually devastated at first. 
So here's the frank version of how we found out....
One night, the condom broke.
yep. 
You hear of those things happening but to actually have it happen...
I was freaking out. 
I checked my ovulation chart and OF COURSE IT WAS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF FREAKING FERTILE WEEK. 
I was like NO, NO, NO, I can't even handle this right now. 
I couldn't sleep for like a week straight. 
The chances of actual fertilization were slim but I just couldn't mentally deal with the "what if."

I felt like we were getting to such a fun new chapter of life. 
With all the kids getting older and more independent, I had so much more freedom to work on ME and to be able to spend more time on US as a couple. 
I cried for days, knowing that It was just a matter of time before we learned of our fate. 

One sleepless night, I was tossing and turning, my brain going a million miles a minute thinking about all the logistics of a new baby I had this overwhelming feeling of PEACE. 
It was like a calm, reassuring "hey jess, It's going to be ok. RELAX."

A few weeks later I started to feel like crap physically and I just knew
I knew before I even took that damn test. 
Sure enough, that freaking little pink line showed up. 
We were shocked/speechless/nervous/excited? 
Idk, we felt all the emotions. 
It was a week before my first triathlon so I went straight into "how is this going to affect my race" mode lol. 
It was actually kind of cool knowing I had a little passenger burrowed deep down in my uterus, along  for the ride. 
Anyways, we immediately called and shared the news with our families and close friends. 
The babies were like another baby? Cool!

Now that time has passed and I've had time to really process it all, we actually are really excited to meet this little stinker. 

FIVE KIDS you guys. 
That's a lot. 
like a lot a lot. 

Symptoms wise, besides feeling a little tired, I was feeling totally fine for the first few weeks. 
I actually started to get nervous of the lack of symptoms but then 7 weeks hit and BOOM. 
Down and out dude. 
The exhaustion and nausea have been intense. 
I got Phenergan from my midwife ASAP and that has helped take the edge off a bit.
But for a solid 3 weeks I was pretty much bed/couch ridden. 
Once again, David has been amazing stepping up and picking up the slack and the kids are hanging in there with a dead beat momma, lol. 
This time around I've been craving a variety of things. 
I've been obsessed with lemonade. 
The combination of sweet/sour has been the BEST
Chick-Fil-A's is by far my fav and they sell it by the gallon, so we've been stocking up haha. 
The strawberry chicken salad from Panera has also been a life saver. 
When nothing sounds good, that salad always comes to the rescue. 
Top ramen was a contender for a bit, but now I can't stand the smell. 
Mostly, I've just been living on cheese and crackers as my main staples.
Which has thrown my body for a loop because I haven't had this huge amount of processed carbohydrates ALL YEAR!
But when it's all you can stomach, you just gotta make do. 

Since losing that sweet baby a few year back, making it to that first ultrasound is pretty much nerve-wracking. 
I feel like I literally hold my breath until I can see that little blip of a heart beat flashing on the screen. 
It was just as amazing this time around. 
See that little BABY squirming around is just, WOW.
It never gets old. 
This is my 6th pregnancy is 6 freaking years and my body is just like
 "HAY GIRL! I GOT DIS, DIS BABY THANG,  I KNOW HOW TO DO, LEMME SHOW YOU HOW DIS WORKS" 
and BOOM i'm already looking 6 months pregnant in my first freaking trimester. It's hard, seeing months and months and hard work go POOF. 
I mean, not actually, but it feels like that ya know?
Ya, this wasn't the plan but I'm going to make this my fittest pregnancy yet. 
I KNOW what a blessing it is to be carrying this precious spirit and I'm not going to take that for granted. 
Oh man, we can't wait to meet you little one. 
Here's to the next SIX months-

Comments

Popular Posts