etta moon: 6 + 7 months

Dear Etta, 
Momma has been a busy bee and decided to combine your six and seven month posts in attempt to catch up. 
So here we go-
I love this stage so much. 
This past month you cut your first two teeth! One on the bottom and one on the top. 
You love to chomp down while nursing (OWW) and anything within arms reach goes straight to your mouth. 
You want to move SO BAD!
You're starting to rock back and forth and scoot around in the seated position. 
A lot of the time you lunge forward, fall right and your face and cry!
You're still trying to figure out what to do when you're on your tummy. You kick and wiggle your legs back and forth, trying to get up on your knees and get frustrated pretty quickly when you can't. 
We are taking bets on when you'll figure it out. 
It'll be soon and then there will be no stopping you haha. 
Technically you are old enough to start eating real food. 
We've tried a few different things like applesauce, chicken, fruit etc but I don't think you're quite ready for it. 
You still have the tongue-thrust reflex going on and I don't really want to fight you on it. 
My favorite things you've started doing the past few weeks is reaching up your arms when you want to be picked up and dancing when the music turns on!
It's so fun to watch you interact with your environment. 
You love watching your siblings play and you LOVE grabbing on Rooney bunny. 
Your relationship with that dumb bunny is so incredibly sweet. 
She would jump right up on my belly when I was pregnant with you and you'd kick around so it's started from the beginning. 
You are sleeping so well in your crib. 
In fact you slept from 6pm-7am last night in your room with one nursing break at 11pm!
I woke up 2 different times disoriented and wondering where you were haha but I think we are well on our way to get you sleeping away from us! Hooray! 
I can't believe you've already been with us for over half a year. 
We just love our little Etta Moon so much-
Momma. 



Comments

Popular Posts