Christmas Eve
Today was really awesome.
We baked literally ALL DAY.
The girls had so much fun helping me work in the kitchen while the boys came in to sneak bites of all the doughs like it was their full time job.
Along with all the sweets and treats, we also prepared a yummy breakfast casserole to pop into the oven first thing. Every year I crave something hearty and full of protein Christmas morning, especially after filling up on sweets all week- this is the first year I actually prepared and did something about it lol.
I hope it turns out.
After dinner clean up the kids got dressed in last years Christmas jammies and we watched another Nativity movie.
We watch a bunch of different ones throughout the month and they always always bring me to tears.
This year in particular, I am just so touched by Joseph.
My heart just swells with emotion thinking about how amazing and selfless he was and how important his role was in raising Jesus.
We discussed more about the importance of Christ birth with the children and how significant it was/is for our lives in the current day.
We ended by singing Silent Night together and then they (by their own choice) hurried off to bed.
^favorite nativity painting this year
I set up all the wrapped gifts around the tree and filled their stockings full of candy and fun little toys.
I could hear the boys chatting so excitedly in their room!
We only had one item that needed assembly and I (wrongly) assumed it would be quick since it only had 4 pieces to attach.
David and I argued over who was doing it correctly haha but we finally got the damn thing together.
Now the house is mostly quiet and we get to soak in that stillness just a little longer before the hustle and bustle of tomorrow comes.
I want to bottle these next 24 hours up because they just go way too fast.
Merry Christmas <3
A little fast motion Christmas set up





Comments
Post a Comment