Merry Christmas Eve Eve
I don’t know that I’ve ever been more excited for Christmas.
The kids are at such fun ages now that make everything about this season seem to feel that much more magical.
Tomorrow our only plans are baking goodies and eating them until we can’t button our pants.
All the presents are wrapped waiting to be put under the tree and the house has been throughly cleaned and organized in preparation for new toys (type A momma over here haha)
We are mostly excited though to get David home for the next few days.
He’s been working so hard in his new position which has translated into lots of longer days (especially with his temporary one hour commute...each way, ah!)
Christmas Eve we like to focus our celebration on Christ and save Santa for Christmas day.
Growing up we always read from the scriptures and I was always in charge of arranging a production of The Nativity with all of my siblings.
My sisters used to fight over who got to play the angel because that costume was the prettiest. We’d go all out with costumes, makeup and hair and I even made them practice saying their lines.
I remember getting so upset when my brothers would purposely make farting noises or say the wrong things when performance time came.
I took my role as creative director seriously.
I think for a few years I had even made and printed detailed programs outlining the evening for my parents lol.
Afterwards we’d gather around the piano where my sisters or I would play Christmas hymns and carols and the rest of us would sing loudly and terribly off key. Then all six of us kids would pile in one bedroom for the night, watching movies and giggling in anticipation and excitement for the next morning.
I was convinced Santa was real until I was probably about 10 years old.
My parents were so amazing at making it feel SO real.
I don’t really remember specific gifts I ever received as a child.
But I do remember how magical and special I felt.
How good it was to be surrounded by my family and how loved we all were.
I hope my children remember those same feelings when they look back on their childhoods.


Comments
Post a Comment