Ringing in the New Year



This was by far the most festive new year we’ve ever celebrated haha! Only because my amazing in-laws dropped by a tub of all these sparkly leis, hats, crowns and the most obnoxious horn blowers haha! They even brought over a bottle of sparkling cider AND sent us a nice dinner spread from Chipotle. It was pretty awesome. After we finished dinner, we turned up the music and danced and the kids blew their horns as loud as they could! They loved every minute of it. My ears on the other hand.... We found a short kid friendly New Years countdown on YouTube so the younger kids could feel included before rushing off to bed at 7:30. The older two stayed up until 9:30 to watch a movie before they pooped out and David and were in bed by 8 ish lol. I can’t do those late nights anymore. It’s crazy how much that changes after you get older and have a few kids. Sleep is PRECIOUS!

Friday morning I woke up super grumpy, babying a rough caffeine/sugar withdrawal headache. I went off them the day after Christmas so it has pretty much plagued me the entire last week. I’m always shocked at how hard it is on my body when I cut those two things out of my diet. It’s as bad as I imagine some sort of drug withdrawal would be. We had a chill day New Year’s Day and mostly just cleaned and organized the house, rested and watched movies. Once again, the highlight of this whole holiday season has been David being home with us a few extra days for the long weekends. I’m not ready to send him back to work on Monday!

This weekend I also finished up my old journal. Not often do I finish up exactly on the last day of the year so It was kind of cool starting again with a few new one. I love love love journals and planners so much haha! It was also fun to read back at some of the experiences I had documented over the years. This old one was from 2018-2020- I didn’t resort back to daily journaling until 2019 though so that’s really where it picks up. I hope my love for documenting/journaling rubs off on at least one of my kids. I think it’s a really good skill to have. I’m so excited for all the new experiences 2021 will bring!! 















Comments

Popular Posts