Sunday, May 29, 2011

attempted domestication

As some of you may know, I quit my job at Gator Jacks. (long effing story....) So for the past couple weeks I have had sooo much extra free time in the afternoon/evenings I didn't know what to do with myself. I mean really people, there are only so many naps one can take. I went and bought myself a cute floral apron (which has since become my everyday household uniform, clothing optional underneath haha) and got to work. It was the first time since we've been married that I was able to keep a spic and span apartment. I stated with making our bed every morning. That step is important because if I didn't do it nothing else would ever get done. Laundry was always folded and put away and I never let a dish pile up in the sink. David and I promised each other to keep our dirty cloths and shoes off the floor. I don't know why that is such a hard concept to keep. I have a huge shoe rack on my door and I still leave my shoes scattered through out living room, hallway etc.

Moving on-
As the days rolled on,  I kept to my cleaning routine and I decided maybe I should take a turn and actually make dinner for once. (David does most the cooking in the this house) Quickly passing over that thought I decided to make dessert instead! Good idea huh? Well, this is where all-recipes.com and baking blogs got me into a lot of trouble....


 Behold: Peanut-butter-marshmallow-chocolate-frosted cookies



 Behold: Strawberry Shortcake, fresh strawberries and homemade whipping cream!



 Behold: Peanut-Butter cheesecake with pretzel crust and Carmel drizzle


 Behold: Da Best Banana Bread

(I apologize for the cleavage shot...)

David loves coming home to a clean house and something yummy in the oven but we both know that I  either need to tone the down the baking or up our workouts to daily doubles! We are both feeling the affects of all that butter, sugar and heavy whipping cream. 

Lesson learned: staying home and doing wife/momma duties is pretty bomb.com. I can't wait to add a little tyke into the equation, or like six of them :)



Happy three day weekend. 

1 comment:

Miranda-Jayne said...

You totally just gave me 10+ cravings at once...you jerk! ;) Everything looks awesome! I want to come to your house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...