Monday, January 28, 2013

Second Trimester

Baby #2 first picture at 10 weeks ^^

My second trimester technically doesn't start until tomorrow, but I wanted to utilize this mornings precious nap time to sit down and write out some thoughts on this pregnancy. 

We had our first ultra sound around 10 weeks. I will never cease to be amazed at the beautiful gift of life. Seeing our little baby move around and listening to the heartbeat (possibly THE best sound in the world) while watching his/her little heart valves pump was incredible. Our bodies are amazing. 

This time around I've been so busy with school, wife, and momma duties that I've barely been able to think about this baby. It kind of makes me sad that it's going so fast. When I was pregnant with Remington I had a lot of free time to think and daydream about the future and what was to come. I had time to mentally prepare for how our lives where about to change. I feel like I (sorta) know what to expect this time around but then I remember that I will have two babies under TWO years old and I start to freak out. 

 After congratulating us, some people have said things like "wow, another one?" or "you guys don't even know how crazy that is going to be." or "you're going to have your hands full." I know that they are trying to be helpful or whatever but I get irritated when things like that are said. (its probably just the hormones.) Yea, we can't even comprehend how life is going to change with another little one but BRING ON THE CRAZY!! We can handle it. Being a momma is what i've always wanted to do. So unless you have positive, uplifting, you can do it advice...I don't want to hear it. Mmkay?

Anyways, I'm due a week after I graduate. Hows that for good timing? I think when school is done and behind me, i'll be able to put 100% of my focus on the babies and take each day one at a time.
OH I can't wait for August when I'll get to snuggle this little one and kiss their squishy cheeks. I know Remi is excited to have a little brother or sister to rough around. Only 6 more months to go haha!

and now for some belly pictures.

                                                                       12 weeks ^^
13 weeks ^^

6 comments:

Ashley Wright said...

GO JESS! I couldn't agree more! Being a mama is great and craziness makes it even better! I am so happy for you!

Jamey Meteer said...

UM, I think you are amazing for having another baby so soon. Those silly nay-sayers and negative faces are just jealous because they aren't as brave or cool as you. Seriously. You multiply and replenish that earth!

Todd and Martha said...

You are so strong bestie!!! My hero. My inspiration. And definitely a fantastic example of someone who puts their mind to something and DOES it! Forever grateful for you!

Shayla Dee said...

Haha I think I might have been the Co-writer of this post! I have felt the same way! There has hardly been a moment to really soak in this pregnancy because i'm so busy being a mom and wife! Now its flying by and July is coming quickly! I love how so far our babies are within months of each other! 2 under 2 here we come!

Shayla Dee said...

Haha I think I might have been the Co-writer of this post! I have felt the same way! There has hardly been a moment to really soak in this pregnancy because i'm so busy being a mom and wife! Now its flying by and July is coming quickly! I love how so far our babies are within months of each other! 2 under 2 here we come!

A True Nerd said...

You are a great mother and Dave is a great father, you guys will do just fine!
Every one of you kids had such beautiful unique personalities.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...