Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lately

This week has been rough.

Last Thursday Remington tested positive for RSV. He is just starting to recover and feel better, thank goodness. We don't do the sick thing well over here. Rem is not the cute, cuddly, lets watch movies and snuggle all day type of baby when he is sick. He is the whiney, unsatisfied, non-nap taking, won't sleep at night, monster type of baby. As the momma, all I could do was provide comfort and give him all the boob juice and attention he desired.

As a result, we are all sleep deprived! I haven't felt like this since the first two weeks we brought the little guy home from the hospital. I've been grumpy, irritable and at times completely irrational.

The phrase, "When momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" comes to mind.

After stumbling through the door after class one day, I had a total melt down. David listened intently,  hugged me and ordered me to go to bed. Thank heavens for that man! He spent the rest of the day and night tending to Remington and let me sleep.

Now that the worst has past (we hope), I find myself counting my blessings. I am so thankful for good health, an amazing husband and partner, a stinking cute baby boy (when he's not sick) and the squirmy little nugget growing strong inside my tummy. Despite the little bumps in the road, life is so good to us. I could not be happier.


zombie momma administering a breathing treatment to the sick little man ^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...