Thursday, June 20, 2013

taking it easy



Last week, on the morning of my 32 week appointment, I woke up feeling some really sharp pains on my right side. I figured they were braxton hicks contractions and got up to guzzle down some water. I went about my morning routine and tried to ignore them. They got worse. Like bad enough that I couldn't even stand up. I panicked and tried to pull myself together so I could get Rem and I to the Dr.

When the nurse called me back and asked how I was doing I burst into tears-

"I think i'm having contractions!"

She asked me the standard how long, how far apart, have you had any water or laid down type of questions. She got me a pillow and told me to lay on my left side.

Dr. came in shortly and decided that he wanted to do a non-stress test. After getting all situated the contractions continued for a few more minutes than came to a complete stop. Everyone was relieved.

Dr. told me to rest and to take it easy. He told me to come back every two weeks until delivery.

I left the appointment feeling all sorts of emotions.

worried-scared-anxious-relieved. 

I took a step back and realized that I have been going hard the past few months with school, work and internship stuff. I was burning the candle on both ends.

I've decided to finish up these last few weeks of pregnancy as stress free as humanly possible. This will be a difficult task for me because I am sort of high-strung by nature; a do-er you could say. So for me that means learning how to say "no" once in a while and making time for myself. Baby girl needs to stay put before she makes an appearance and I will do whatever I can to keep it that way.

So here I go...

...taking it easy.

2 comments:

A True Nerd said...

Take a deep breath
Don't push
Exhale
Repeat

Angie Center said...

Hang in there. Your Ohio family is praying for you. We love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...