Thursday, October 24, 2013

4 things

1. I've been so anxious to shed the rest of this baby weight so I joined a CrossFit gym and I LOVE it. I look forward to the one hour of "me" time and getting my butt kicked every workout. It is very humbling to see how out of shape I really am. One workout I had to modify push ups from my knees...(omg i'm so not kidding) and another workout literally had me in tears. Every muscle in my body aches. Also, I'm still learning how to deal with post-baby body. During the workouts I have to tuck in my loose stomach skin into my pants, my butt cheek flaps hit me in the back of the head (once again, not kidding), I pee every time I jump rope, and my nursing boobs (...I wont even go there..). So yah, there is a lot to get used to. Despite all that I am excited to go back every day because I've already noticed that my energy has increased significantly and I am a much happier person when I stay active. Go figure.

2. Sunday night I pulled a muscle in my back. (Not from CrossFit but from a particular squirmy toddler who likes to sneak into my bed at night). It is so bad that today was the first day I could finally stand up sorta straight. The pain sucks and I've been miserable (and grumpy) all week not being able to do ANYTHING. I might be going to the ward halloween party as a 90 year old grandma..

3. A few months ago I joined a carseat safety group on Facebook. Holy cow I have learned a TON. Turns out extended rear facing has been PROVEN to be the safest for the babies, even after they have reached 20lbs and 1 years old. I found out that my car seats where installed wrong too! Now that I know better I see friends making the same naive mistakes I made and I don't want to say anything because I don't want to be "that mom" (you know who I'm talking about) but I want everyone to know what I know now. So seriously, check out the page and do some research. Your child's life is at stake. And if it happens to comes up in play group, I will jam facts down your throat. You've been warned. 

4. Lastly, when David forgets to take the trash out I get really irritated. Like reallllly irritated. It's one of his TWO chores and he forgets a lot. I understand he's busy and works hard and blah blah blah. So to get back at him I give Remington his toothbrush. It gives me a good laugh and makes me feel better. Maybe you wont forget next time honey ;)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...