Wednesday, December 17, 2014

20 weeks




^^I set my camera up on the tri-pod and Remington snapped away. He was saying the cutest things and totally cracking me up. "Wook wight here momma, ooh so pweety. Say cheese!" 

Yesterday we had our 20 week growth scan and learned that our sweet little rainbow baby is a girl! I had a feeling from the beginning she was a she. A few weeks ago I had a dream about her and even called her by name. I woke up and told David immediately. He loved it. We had never heard the name before but It has stuck with me since. Nothing is certain though because I love some many other different girl names. Naming a child is so hard. 

I can't believe I am already halfway through this pregnancy. Besides the awful nausea (that lasted way to long) and a protruding baby bump I really haven't felt pregnant. As I started the second trimester I started to get worried that I wasn't feeling flutters or kicks. I remember feeling them a lot earlier on with Olive. I figured 4th pregnancy in less than 3 years, I should have been feeling them by now. My Dr. was never concerned since baby girl's heart beat was nice and strong at every appointment. At our ultrasound yesterday, the tech explained that I have an anterior placenta which means it's positioned on the front side of my uterus instead of the back and makes it hard to feel the baby moving until your further along. I was so relieved! Now that baby girl is gaining some size, I should be feeling her in no time. 

Baby girl, had her legs spread from the beginning so we got to know right away. Watching her kick her limbs and open her mouth was amazing. I was so relieved to see that she was healthy and growing right on track. She weighed 12oz and measured a little ahead even which I expected because her brother and sister did too :) We have to go back in a few weeks because the tech wasn't able to get a good look at her kidneys, but everything else was perfect. 

^^I could stare at that sweet little face all day. Her profile is actually a lot similar to Olive ultrasound photo. I can't wait to see what she looks like. May feels SO FAR away. ^^

I also wanted to share my completed quilt that I made for our little girl. People have wondered about the term "rainbow baby" and why I chose to make a rainbow quilt. It was a way for me to honor this precious gift that we have been given. 

A Rainbow baby is a baby conceived after a loss. 
My favorite explanation is this, 
"A Rainbow baby is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with it's aftermath. What is means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope. "

How beautiful and special is that? I am so grateful to have the opportunity to carry this healthy baby girl. She already has brought us so much hope and joy. 

For those that have asked, I used this easy and straight forward tutorial. The author even links where to get the fabric from amazon. I was nervous to start because I have never sewn a quilt before, but It was quick and simple and a lot easier than I thought it would be. It's not perfect but I just love how it came together. It's so beautiful and it makes me smile every time I look at it. I can't wait to give it to her. 

2 comments:

lindsayolsen said...

Jess! I just love this! Soo beautiful!

Martha said...

AHHHH!! Another sweet baby girl!! My dear Jessica, you are so blessed! I love reading your blog posts, it's as if I can hear you speaking through them! THAT QUILT! It's even more beautiful than the one on the tutorial you used. Like WOW! And those pictures of you...you are the most beautiful woman, inside and out! Love you forever and ever

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...