Monday, June 1, 2015

how bath time has changed



^^Franny's fanny at four weeks old. 


When Rem and Olive were born we bathed them every.single.night.
I don't know why, I just assumed that's what you were supposed to do.
It quickly became part of the bedtime routine and we've kept it up (almost) every night since. 

Then enter third child. 

When Frances was born we declined the bath at the hospital because I read somewhere that letting the vernix absorb into the baby's skin was supposed to be really good. 
She was over a week old before I finally bathed her!

This Sunday while we were at church I noticed a thick, white pasty (and stanky) substance underneath one of her arm pit creases. 
Upon further investigation, I found more of the build up behind her ears and under her chins!
It was so gross.
I then realized I couldn't remember the last time I'd given her a bath...
Poor girl.
You know you're a third child when...

I felt like the worst mom in the world, 
but now I can laugh about it. 

I guess it's time to start setting reminders on my phone, haha! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...