Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Latey...


Nothing really new to report over here. 
It's still too hot. 
We are still stuck at home without a car. 
Still mostly miserable. 
Ya know, the usual. 

David's been working really long hours and has been swamped with school work so it was really nice to spend the entire long weekend with him.
The babies especially soaked up the daddy time. 
On Monday we spent the day in the east valley and made a stop at Ikea.
Olive threw the worst tantrum to date in the middle of the bustling cafeteria area. 
It was so awful. 
She thrashed around on the floor like she was possessed. 
Screaming at the top of her lungs. 
All because she wanted another piece of cake. 

Three year olds are the worst. 

But also the best. 
Just really depends on the day. 

It took us the rest of the day to recover from that one though. 
Rough. 

//

I'll be 24 weeks this Friday which is cray. 
I've been trying to keep busy doing little projects here and there to keep my mind off the crappy things I can't change. 
I whipped out a few swaddle blankets, repaired a bunch of cloth diaper elastic and even designed a little monogram print to go over baby boy's crib. 

I spend my nights looking at housing at all the different places we've applied to. 
We've gotten dozens of rejections letters which is tough. 
David's so much more easy going about it than I am, haha. 

"onto the next one" is pretty much our daily motto. 
We know the right thing will coming along eventually. 
Heavenly Father is just realllllly giving me lots of opportunity to practice patience. 

The babies are all doing ok. 
Rem is soaring through his preschool lessons and is so anxious to learn how to read and write "for reals."
He occasionally comes up and hugs my belly and tells me how excited he is for his baby brother. 
Olive is super funny (when she's not mad at something or someone) and she's really into playing make believe. 
Frances is just starting to say a few "words" here and there. 
She is OBSESSED with puppies right now and squeals and barks and squeals some more every time we come across on either in real life, on a show or in a book. 

Looking forward to a girls weekend getaway in October!
Our last roommate of summer '09 girls is getting hitched in SLC and a few of us are meeting up sans babies to party it up. 

I am SO excited. 
Sometimes, it's the only thing getting me through these days. 
Utah in October will be a much welcome break. 
(even if just for a few days!)

The countdown has started already.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...