Tuesday, April 5, 2016

thoughts on turning 26 and my mini existential crisis.



There's nothing like an upcoming birthday to make you stop, step back and evaluate you life.
Tomorrow i'm turning 26.
TWENTY-SIX

I don't know why this one is hitting me so hard..
All of the sudden i'm like,

Who am I?
What am I doing with my life?
What have I accomplished so far?
What are my hope and dreams for the future?
Where am I going to be next year, in five years, in ten years?
Do I like the person i've become?
Am I a good enough wife and momma?

Of course I know how to answer (most) of these questions, but I definitely had a moment of complete panic today.

I hear these two songs (here and here) on the radio and I loose... it every single time.

I feel like as a momma, I totally get it even more now.
How life just moves right along,
time passes right before your eyes,
You blink and the moment is gone.
Everyone tells you about it and now
I'm living it.
and it's just so bittersweet.
I'm getting older & experiencing LIFE!
The ups and downs, the triumphs and fails, bringing new life into the world and having the responsibility to (keep them alive haha) raise them right.
I'm so happy I found my amazing, eternal companion so early in the process.
We've been able to grow up and learn together.
I couldn't have picked a better man!

I'm proud of what i've accomplished in the short time i've been alive.
I thank God every day for the gifts he has given me and the doors of opportunity that have been opened for me and my family.
It would not be possible with out Him.

Ok, now I feel like i'm rambling on-
ANYWAYS, 
I had a my "OMG" moment about getting older and I've accepted it. 
(at least for now) 

Thank you for birthing me 26 years ago Momma! 
(We really should be celebrating our moms on our birthdays, lets be honest) 
and now photos, because HELLO i'm adorable!  

One 
Five
Eight
Ten 
Fourteen 
Sixteen 
Eighteen 
Nineteen 
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty two 
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five

I guess i'm ready for you 26, 
Show me what you got! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...