Friday, December 30, 2016

40 FREAKING WEEKS

Happy freaking due date. 
How in the actual hell and I'm still pregnant!?
This is totally uncharted territory for me. 

This morning I went in for my 40 week appointment. 
Still sitting at 3cm/60% effacement and -3 station. 
AKA no change from last week. 

I was super shocked that the past DAYS of contractions haven't done much of anything.
She went ahead and swept my membranes again (didn't hurt as bad this time) and we scheduled my 41 week appointment for next week.

 The only thing my midwife could guarantee (after probing my belly to figure out his position) was that "he is going to be a realllllly good sized boy!"
I hadn't really considered his size but the other kids were 8.11 and 9lbs at 39 weeks so it's possible he could be just as big maybe bigger? 
Idk, i'm not worried. 
My body was built for that crap. 

In the mean time, I've been doing EVERYTHING I can to keep my contractions going every night. 
walking
curb walking
yoga ball bouncing
SEX
spicy food
lots and lots and lots of squats
I even pulled out my breast pump one night. 

He's probably just like "chill mom, i'll come when i'm ready."

HONESTLY, i'm pretty relaxed about everything now. 
I'm ok to let him come when he wants to. 
I'm mostly just shocked is all. 
The only thing i'm semi anxious about is that my sister AKA my guaranteed child care is heading back to school on the 2nd soooooooo IDK who can come at the drop of a hat when she leaves. 

It'll all work out right?
That's what I keep telling myself. 
I'd reaaaaaaaaaaaallllly love to snuggle him before the New Year....
I literally never even thought it was possible I'd be welcoming him in January, yet here we are. 

WE ARE READY FOR YOU BABY W!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...